Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-Musings (Which may be a copy written title)

I have not written. When I break a habit, a plan more, I am most likely to let it go altogether, as if it has lost it's worth. And I can't do that because I must write. And I still haven't written my Purpose Of Writing. So it is much too early to give up. Not sure how to sustain this though, and seriously wondering if it will make any difference if I do. I compare myself, come up lacking and want to wash it all away so that I can pretend I am equal again. Equal by doing nothing.

It is Valentines day and V-day. And I am thinking about how amazed I am by the opportunity to raise a daughter. There is nothing about which I am more passionate. To raise her with dignity and an understanding of worth. To teach her that her femininity is a treasure, her vulnerability a prize - that none of this should be exploited or used as a weapon against her. To show her how to nurture her own soul without violation so that it can never be violated by anyone else. Raising a strong, wise woman who can and will change the world for men and women - - I sat and watched you eat your lunch today in the winter sun and wanted to tell you all this. But your world is still simpler than that, and this is time for showing, not telling. You dropped a noodle and commented that it was shaped like a star, and then corrected yourself. "A human shape, with a star head." Humanity and femininity. Happy V-day, little baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment