Saturday, September 5, 2009

I See What She Has Made of Him.

I adore Saturday mornings.

When Baby is Daddy's and I am an outsider looking in.

Never understanding, sometimes questioning, in awe.

Of her little girl love, and his big man strength.

The parts of her that make him soft, and the parts of him that make her tall.

Of the way they talk and walk and play and fight and love

So different from me.

And I think

the greatest gift mom can give girl (now so blonde, so alive, so wild)

is Dad who can love her.

In arms, Dee and Raynie, each the other's whole world, perfectly fit together.

Too many words spoil things, but

it always comes back to this -- I wonder what she will become,

So loved.

1 comment:

  1. "the greatest gift mom can give girl... is Dad who can love her"


    yes!!!! And not all fathers are Dads like this. Thankfully both of our girls have awesome Dads!!

    Makes one sad though...... what could have been.....

    ReplyDelete