Thursday, July 2, 2009

Are You Serious??

So I figured out why I'm so mopey. Generally just dissatisfied this week, and I couldn't peg it. Until I let my fingers do the walking on Google earth . . . and found myself tiptoeing around West Grand Avenue. Homesick for the UP? What on earth?! And yet here I am.

It isn't that things were simpler then . . . certainly not easier. Looking out the window it becomes a little bit easier to understand. It's this cloudy summer weather. Weather that calls me to Lake Antoine, hoping to watch a storm rolling in . . . I want to feel at home.

A bit easier to understand, but still not logical. What am I missing? It's not a who, it's something else. I can walk down that street with arrow clicks, but I can't walk inside. What is calling me to look in the windows? What do I want to see so badly? I have lost something, and if I knew what it was, perhaps I could pull up the right picture and find it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment